Meet Midwest Crossroad Chorus
Midwest Crossroad Chorus* is dedicated in its effort to preserve and celebrate barbershop music by educating both performers and listeners in the elements of its style.The chorus meets weekly to enjoy harmony and fellowship....and to have fun!
- What Midwest Crossroad Chorus is all about...
- Harmonizing our corner of the world! (Seen here IN our little corners of the world!)
- Producing at least one show annuallyPerforming in the community
- Fundraising with musical greetings such as singing Valentines, Christmas cards, and Birthday-grams
- Continuing education is a critical part of any hobby! A capella singing is our passion.
- Vocal instruction during every rehearsal
- Professional vocal coaches work with us several times each year Regular Regional educational opportunities
- Competion generates improvement as well as enthusiasm!
- Regional Competition occurs every spring. The schedule varies but begins in March and ends in May. Midwest Crossroad Chorus is a 4-time Regional Champion.
- Regional winners earn the privilege of competing in the International competition in the fall. The location of this event changes from year to year. There is also a contest for both mid-size and small choruses during this weeklong event. MCC has performed three times in the Harmony Classic.
- All competitions receive constructive feedback comments from a panel of highly trained judges, all of whom are Sweet Adelines.
- Choruses exceeding 600 points in any competition earn the title of Master Director for their director. Tori was awarded that status in July 2007 at the Harmony Classic.
- Listening to and learning from the top choruses in our organization is the highlight of the year for many Sweet Adelines. Those who are unable to listen live now have the option of attending via the webcast. See the Sweet Adelines website for more information.
- Quartets are another opportunity for women who love to sing. Just find three other like-minded women whose voices blend well with yours and you are on your way!
- Quartets have the same opportunities as choruses in scheduling coaches and competing at the Regional level.
- Winning quartets from each region, along with the top 10 highest scoring non-winning quartets from around the world, also earn the privilege to compete on the International stage during the week of International competition.
- MCC is happy to have 3 quartets in the chorus at this time. Check Our Quartets page for more information.
*Midwest Crossroad Chorus is a chapter of a non-profit, worldwide women's singing organization committed to advancing the musical art form of barbershop harmony through opportunities in education, performance, and competition. Sweet Adelines International is one of the world's largest singing organizations for women, with membership of almost 23,000, and choruses and quartets across the globe. Its members have been singing four-part barbershop a cappella harmony since 1945.